Date Posted : Jun 10, 2022
Translator (US Embassy) Yaounde
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : POLITICS / GOVERNMENT
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: Three years’ translation and interpretation experience in an international institution or any organization that executes international programs/policy (e.g. Non-Governmental Organization or Embassy). JOB KNOWLEDGE: A good understanding of political, economic and diplomatic practices in Cameroon. Knowledge of resources for obtaining new information related to politics and economy. Extensive political, economic and diplomatic grammar and vocabulary for both English and French. Translation concepts used in rendering accurate, clear translations that capture the meaning and intent of an original document. Knowledge of Department of State official written protocol procedures. Understand section operational procedures. Must be computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet. Able to master SharePoint or similar web-publishing software. In-depth knowledge of Cameroon environment (political, sociological and economic issues). Thorough knowledge of professional translation techniques; and with how to research technical translation. Position requires knowledge and familiarity with diplomatic, political, economic and military terminology to achieve high quality translation for use by the Mission. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Bilingual Studies (English and French) and an additional two (2) years of Translation Certification is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Professional level in both English and French Speaking/Reading/Writing/Understanding are required. This may be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Interpretive abilities that will guarantee translated documents capture the meaning and intent of an original document. Adaptability, organizational skills and the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks related to translation in an accurate form and in an expedient manner. Position requires keyboard skills with speed and accuracy. Must have excellent writing skills. Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with conflicting demands. Shall possess IT skills for translation software (such as Trados 2015 ; Wordfast Plus Tools, etc.) This may be tested EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy Medical and Security certifications.
- Overview Hiring Path: • Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. • All Interested Applicants / All Sources Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end. Supervisory Position: No Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No Back to top Duties Under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Chief of Mission(DCM)’s Office Management Specialist, incumbent serves as principal Translator for the US Embassy Yaounde. S/He translates documents (between English and French). This person’s main priority is to translate all correspondence and remarks for the Ambassador and DCM but will also provide translation services to other sections within the Embassy such as Public Affairs and Political/Economic (POL/ECON) sections. How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position. All Applicants: • Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable) • Degree (not transcript) • Work attestation • Certification or License Eligible Family Member Applicants: • Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable) • Passport copy (if applicable) • DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) • SF-50 (if applicable) Next Steps: ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde