Date Posted : May 10, 2022
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : MAINTENANCE
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of journeyman work experience as an electrical repairman (or relevant experience) in a large institution or international organization is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge on the following is required: all phases of appliances and office machines repair; electrical safety installation procedures. capacity, made, sources of replacement parts, etc. of different appliances. local electrical codes and use of standard electrical tools and equipment. how to connect water or gas lines, and how to check for leaks once the appliances are installed. how to dismantle and reassemble appliances to make their diagnosis. This may be tested. Education Requirements: Successful completion of four years vocational training in household appliances and office machines repair and maintenance (equivalent of CAP or Ordinary level electricity/electronics) in a technical or vocational school or any accredited institution is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Basic Knowledge (Speaking/Reading/Writing) in English and French is required. This may be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to read and understand electrical circuit diagrams and schematic drawings and to work with multi-meters independently with minimum of supervision is required. Must possess a valid local driver's license (Category B) and be capable to drive. Ability to use computer software applications with emphasis on WORD and EXCEL for reports and records keeping. Typing Skills required for data entry. Numerical skills required for inventory and accountability of appliances. Ability to cross train with other electrical/mechanical trades also required. Must also have good customer service skills. This may be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Duties Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent carries out technical repairs of all electrical household appliances and office machines, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, gas and electric ranges, distillers, shredders, and other large appliances for their customers. Undertakes other duties as directed by the Facilities Manage How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Medical and Security clearances from the U.S. Embassy. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application: Diploma (GCE O'Level/CAP) Trade School Course Certificate Vocational Training/Apprenticeship Program Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable) DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) Other Documents Other Documents 2 Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde