Date Posted : May 04, 2022
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : NON GOVERNMENTAL
Qualification/Work Experience :
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education Higher education (bachelor degree) with qualification in social sciences, international relations would be an asset, or other related field. Professional Experience Experience in peacebuilding or conflict resolution Experience in mobilizing, sensitizing, communicating and informing community groups; Work supervision and report writing; Knowledge of the Cameroonian anthropological context and mainly of the Bamboutos department and respect for local sensitivities; Resident or at least five (05) years of experience working in the communes of Babadjou and/or Mbouda would be an asset; Long Description Skills and competencies - Writing, communication, community engagement, peacemaking/mediation, and organizational and coordination skills; - Knowledge of different software and tools used for correspondence, reports, graphics, presentations, websites, etc. such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Typo3, etc; - Ability to work in a team and take initiative and provide quality support and services in a timely manner; - Discretion and good ability to deal effectively and tactfully with people from different cultural backgrounds; - Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities; - Good analytical and adaptive skills, dynamism, initiative, discretion and maturity of judgment; - Ability to work in a team and under pressure; Languages - Excellent knowledge of French and/or English and a very good knowledge of the other language. - Excellent knowledge of at least one of the local languages of the community DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS Education - A technical or professional qualification in project management would be an asset; Professional Experience - Good knowledge of the United Nations system and its functioning, in particular UNESCO rules and procedures; - Moderate knowledge of project management.
- OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST The socio-political crisis in the North-West and South-West of Cameroon has forced hundreds of thousands of young people to flee their communities to seek refuge in the neighboring Littoral and West regions. This internal migration is a source of conflict, sometimes violent in places, and results in a situation where IDPs do not enjoy their basic rights in host communities. Faced with this situation, the project entitled "Strengthening sustainable peaceful coexistence and empowering displaced youths in the councils of the West and Littoral regions of Cameroon" intends to contribute to a better integration of these youths in the host communities of the Littoral region (Douala 4th, Manjo, Melong and Nkongsamba 1 councils) and West region (Babadjou, Bafoussam 1, Mbouda and Santchou councils) to establish a culture of sustainable peace. It specifically aims at strengthening peaceful coexistence between displaced young men and women (JHFDs) and youths from host communities in these regions. As part of the effective and successful implementation of the project "Strengthening sustainable peaceful coexistence and empowering displaced youths in the councils of the West and Littoral regions of Cameroon” financed by the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Fund for Peacebuilding (SFP) and implemented jointly by the UNESCO Regional Office for Central Africa and the IOM Office in Yaoundé, four (4) community mobilizers will be recruited: two (2) of whom will be working in the West region and the other two (2) in the Littoral region. They will be responsible for monitoring the project's activities. Under the general authority of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Central Africa in Yaoundé, the direct supervision of the Regional Communication and Information Advisor in collaboration with the Project Coordinator of the project "Strengthening sustainable peaceful coexistence and empowering displaced youths in the councils of the West and Littoral regions of Cameroon” in Yaoundé, the incumbent will: Long Description Support the project team in the supervision and monitoring of the implementation of project activities in the communes of Babadjou and Mbouda; Participate in the design and implementation of outreach and mass awareness campaigns on living together and available communal services; Participate in the design and writing of communal editorials to ensure equitable access to information for IDPs; Supervise the activities of junior community mobilizers in the communes of Babadjou and Mbouda; Facilitate access to and participation in activities by women, youth and other identified vulnerable groups; Maintain transparent communication on the issues and objectives of the various project components; Communicate regularly with community groups and other local actors in a proactive manner; Long Description Liaise between the junior mobilizers and the joint project management team; Ensure quality control of the implementation of project activities by the Implementing Partner; Ensure the follow-up of the service providers' contracts; Support in the preparation, organization and realization of meetings, workshops/seminars and other activities of animation/awareness raising within the framework of the project; Ensure the security and confidentiality of data and information collected; Contribute to the timely production of project activity reports; Adhere strictly to the principles of "zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse" and the "do no harm" policy throughout the implementation of the project; Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors (UNESCO and IOM). COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Job Title: Community Mobiliser / Communication Type of contract: Consultant Grade: Junior Duration of contract: 06 months, possibly renewable depending on financial availability and results obtained Duty station : Cameroon (West region - Babadjou / Mbouda) Deadline for submission of applications (midnight Central African time): 8 May 2022 SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted. The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview. UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided. Footer UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
EMPLOYER : UN JOBS
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org